Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February in Carefree

I'm getting good at updating the blog if I may say so myself.! Today is February 20, and decided I needed to post before the trip to France because I have so many pictures.  Larry leaves this evening for his trip to Africa.

We've had more spectacular sunsets; we've had some chilly temperatures; friends from Chadron days came to Arizona for a visit; we gathered at friends' Mike & Sue's to celebrate their granddaughters 2nd birthday; and it snowed on the hillsides by our home.

My previous post included a picture with ice forming on the top of the jacuzzi (I know -- wasn't real obvious) and here is frost on the top of our fence.  Friends and family members living in parts of the country that actually do have winter weather are going to think this picture is incredibly lame....








 


 
 


I had to include this picture just because it is pretty.  One of my favorite places at this house is on the back porch for both sunrises and sunsets.  This is actually a neat light picture just before sunset.















































Friends from Chadron days (think late 70s) came to Arizona to visit.  (l-r: BJ & Cheryl, Pat & Barb, and Jane & John.  Pat & Barb have moved to the Phoenix metro area so we're looking forward to seeing more of them.  It was great to be able to spend time with them all.
 
 
 


We went to friends' Mike and Sue's to celebrate their granddaughter Harper turning 2 - such a cutie. 











Grabbed the gathering at Mike & Sue's for a photo with friends:  Allison, Michelle and Sue.

And last, it started raining last night and rumor had it, it was possible we'd have snow here in Carefree.  We didn't but when the clouds lifted, I was treated to snow on the surrounding hillsides.  Just the way I like snow!



 I'm so glad I don't have to shovel this driveway!!



And I'll end with another pretty Arizona sunset...isn't life grand!  Next post will be pictures documenting Larry's adventure to the Congo and our trip to France -- yep, life is good!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment