Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Spring in the Desert

Larry's mom Dorothy arrived for a visit in February and his sister Linda from Wichita and brother Wayne and his daughter Sophi from Portland were all able to come for a long weekend visit while she was here.





























Friends Virginia and Dennis traveled from Lake Havasu to visit us allowing for our first ever picture of us, them and Mike and Sue.

 


We were able to make it to Bartlett Lake for some spring flower enjoying and kayaking!



Speaking of spring flowers...the desert is in bloom.  I love this time of year!














































Larry throws bird seed on the ground for the Quail and turns out Javelina like bird seed too! so we've seen a lot more of them than usual.


March returned Dorothy to Wichita and I soon joined her.  About a week after Dorothy left, I flew to Wichita and Linda and I drove Dorothy back to her home in Harrison by way of Omaha, Lincoln and Kearney.  We remained in Harrison for a few days and reversed our trip but skipped Lincoln and Omaha.  I'm not sure how many miles we put in but it was a great road trip and allowed us to see nieces and nephews and a whole lot more of Nebraska and Kansas than I care to see in the winter!

Larry and I celebrated our 33rd anniversary on April 17th.  We were living in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and were married in the Methodist church in Chadron by Larry's dad.  Our wedding was a simple gathering of friends and family celebrating the official joining of our lives.  Oh the places we've gone since then!


Our next trip takes us to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in May with friends Mike and Sue - always look forward to that trip! 

On the health front, my April doctor appointment resulted in me starting oral drug therapy again - Temodar.  It is an easy therapy.  I take the drug for five days every 28 days with what seems to be only good side effects.


No comments:

Post a Comment