Tuesday, June 24, 2014

North Rim of the Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon National Park Trip

Our bi-annual trip houseboat trip to Lake Powell came to an end.  Wayne and Sophi headed back to Oregon, the Hamptons and the Masons headed back to Nebraska, Liz, Jimmy and Mike returned to Phoenix and Larry and I headed for the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  We had a cabin there for three nights and then a cabin at Bryce Canyon National Park for two nights - I'm very lucky!

Loved being greeted by the buffalo upon arrival at the North Rim.



 We had a great cabin right on the rim.
 

 
A beautiful sunrise.

 
We then headed for a two night stay at Bryce Canyon National Park.
 


 
 
We attempted one of the hikes into the canyon...very pretty.



 
This was our cabin at Bryce.


The sun setting on the canyon.


 
The next morning, Larry woke early and headed out on an 8 mile hike into the canyon.
 
 




 
The following day we drove Hwy 12 via Escalante to Boulder, UT.
 


 



 
And then it was time to head back to Carefree.  The below picture is of the Vermillion Cliffs...I love this view.

 
On the health front, I'm doing well.  I feel great which tells me the drug continues to work.  I have a scan this week which I'm sure will demonstrate that the drug continues to work!
 
Larry's job is going well, I'm glad he likes his work. 
 
Next trip will be to drive to Yellowstone and then head east to Chadron, NE, to participate in my 40th high school class reunion.


No comments:

Post a Comment